Thursday 14 May 2015

12 Years and Counting


Imagining my life at the age of 10 I would have told you I wanted to be a successful teacher but life has its own way of paving a route completely different to what you picture, especially at that age.

As a young child I really didn’t have a big aspiration in life, it was mostly based on my career and to do well in general. Now I really do think I have achieved such a goal, but with much hard work. Moving to Greece at the age of 13 was definitely one of the hardest matters of my life, a foreign world opening up to me like a flower in the spring and on the other hand feeling like a fish out of water, completely at loss with where my life was heading. The decision was mainly made by my parents, but I did have my say, it took me about a week to decide, did I or didn’t I. Leave my school, my friends and gloomy England behind and swap it for Greek school, new friends and the glorious days in the Greek sunshine? I have to admit there were more pros than cons and really I already knew what I wanted. So you ask was it what I expected, was it easy, did I adapt well? My answer, no, no and no… And it took me a while to adjust.  

Writing about my life in this blog is something completely alien to me, as I am new to the scene of blogging it’s also a little intimidating but I’m hoping you will all enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing them. I intend to write about my experiences good and bad, funny and sad, old and new interest and of course with one common theme: Greece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment