Wednesday 20 May 2015

Weather Girl



                              It’s supposed to be summer… What’s going on?!?!


I woke up this morning to the beautiful summer sun of Greece, 24 degrees and getting hotter, just a typical day out and about. I’m now disappointed, it’s started to rain! Maybe it’s my fault, I wore shorts. A bad decision for a Wednesday morning…
The weather in Greece has its moments, a bit like today.

Inspired by this confusing weather I decided to write about the weather in general in Greece. The sun has his hat on about two thirds of the year. It might not seem hot in the months of April, May, October & November but there are times when it can be surprising. Temperatures during the scorching summer months of July and August can reach highs of 30-35 degrees throughout Greece, with no rainfall at all, then again you never know! The winter months of December, January, February and March are mild and rainy, and the temperatures very rarely drop below zero. Some days it can rain all day, other days it can be cloudy and cold. The Mediterranean climate is quite pleasurable, I enjoy the rain, it cannot be helped being the Englishwoman I am, although the Greeks would disagree.

A wet day at the Greek Parliament
Now that I’m finishing writing this post the sun has come back out to play, mental note to self: Please be wary on what you decide to wear in May! 


Where did that come from!?!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment